Wednesday 25 April 2012

Secret weapon to tackle telephone interviews

First off...interviews scare the hell out of me. I prep, plan & PANIC like crazy for as much time as I have available. I find phone interviews particularly scary as I can't gauge the interviewer's body language!  


I found out a couple of days ago that I had a very important (SCARY) phone call to make to a contact of a contact that I HAD to impress. I, of course, did all the preparation I possibly could, but was still left trembling at the thought of making the call this morning.


 So how did I combat the paralysing fear & manage to pick up the phone and dial the number?

LIPSTICK!!
Bright, Pink, Fuchsia Lipstick to be exact.


Explanation
So the 3 keys for a phone interview, I feel, are:
*Preparation 
       Goes without saying.
       I'd spent 2 days planning, so that's a tick
*Comfort 
       The last thing you want to be thinking about is how your thong is digging in.
       I was wearing my my comfiest jogging bottoms & cosiest slippers, another tick.
*Confidence
        You can tell from someone's voice over the phone if they're bricking it & it puts people     off.
        Cue a slick of my YSL Rouge Pur Couture in Fuchsia Innocent (27)


I recently purchased this super bright lipstick to wear on a really glamorous night out, & always figured it would remain as a special occasions night out lippy. 
But in the 9 days I've owned this lipstick I've found myself reaching for it at every given opportunity. It instils a confidence in me I've never experienced from a single beauty product before. When I'm wearing this lipstick I feel I can achieve anything! (Even if no one can see me!)




It's not just the colour of this lipstick that makes me feel amazing, the texture is to die for! It feels so creamy & nourishing without that slippery feeling you often find with creamy lipsticks. My lips feel like they're wrapped  in silk.


There's also a subtle scent, that's hard to place, somewhere between floral & fruity, which gives that extra feeling of luxury.


The YSL Rouge Pur Couture lipstick is pricey (it retails around the £23.50 mark), but you can't put a price on such killer confidence!!


Miss Sarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment