Tuesday 5 June 2012

Cosmetics Crushes (Wish List-Summer 2012)

Last night the thought  'Ooh, I could do a lovely haul post/vlog once these items come' sprung to my mind as my mouse hovered over the 'Checkout' button on Debenhams' website...then the internet cut out. I realised this was the universe's way of telling me two things: 1) Get back to revision, you have an exam in under 36 hours & 2) Stop adding more expenses to your store card. You can't even afford to pay the current balance!

So I closed the tab & got back to revision, but I couldn't get some of the products out of my head (does anyone else have that problem when they've been thinking about buying something?). I figured I'd do a 'Wish List' post, to get the thoughts out of my system & to make me feel too guilty to splurge on any of the items until I have a legitimate way of financing their purchase.

These are the products I'm currently lusting after (don't worry, they weren't all in last night's shopping basket, I'm not that crazy...yet!!). I hope to add a couple to my collection before the summer's out, but for the sake of my bank balance I'm praying I don't give in to too many.
YSL Pure Chromatics in Shell (No.7) £39 - These beauties contain an exclusively developed pigment that, when wetted, transform into a intense, metallic cream.  I love the colours in this Summer 2012 Quad, they're perfect for summer & a bit more exciting than most of my current (mainly nude) collection.
Laura Mercier Sheer Cream Eye Colour  £16.50 - I think Laura Mercier's Belle Nouveau collection is my favourite of all the summer 2012 new releases (bold claim!) & these limited edition eye colours really capture the essence of the soft, candy-toned look of the collection. I'm particularly keen to get my hands on the 'Mauve Pastel' shade.
Chanel Illusion D'Ombre in Emerveille  £23 - I'm obsessed with finding the perfect cream eye shadow and although this Chanel favourite isn't the champagne colour I have my heart set on finding, I find myself swatching it every time I'm near a Chanel counter & falling in love a little more.
Elizabeth Arden Pure Finish Highlighter  £23 - I almost purchased this 3 times yesterday, I think I'm in love with this Rose Gold highlighter from Elizabeth Arden's Spring 2012 Rose Aurora collection. It seems to have vanished from a lot of stores' sites, so I best take the plunge with this gorgeous powder soon, or else I'll miss out!
Soleil Tan de Chanel in Sable Rose £34 - This beautiful bronzing powder from Chanel's Summer 2012 range seems perfect for subtly warming up my complexion in the coming summer months. The pink tone gives a warm glow and avoids the usual 'dirty face' look I get from bronzing powders.
Laura Mercier Nail Lacquer in Lavender Cloud £12.50 - Another gem from the Belle Nouveau collection, I genuinely can't think of a lovelier nail colour!
Chanel Le Vernis in Island  & Holiday £18 - Two of three nail lacquers featured in Chanel's Summer 2012 range, these both screamed 'hot summer's day' to me. I'm particularly keen to get my hands on 'Island'...or find a pretty good dupe!!
Dior Vernis in St Tropez £18 - This is my pick from Dior's Summer 2012 Croisette Collection & would nicely fill a turquoise coloured gap in my pretty extensive nail lacquer collection.
Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover £26.50 - I've been tempted by Estee Lauder's original Double Wear for a while now, but as a sucker for anything promising maximum coverage, my attention has shifted to the Maximum Cover make up. Has anyone tried this? I'd be interested to hear thoughts. It didn't seem too scary when I swatched it on my hand, but I'm yet to attempt a face swatch!!
Dolce & Gabbana Creamy Foundation £35 - I came across this whilst searching for 'No7 Intelligent Balance Mousse' dupes (Something I'm keen to try but currently out of stock in Boots). I haven't worn a cream/mousse foundation for a few years, but in my head it'll make my skin look angelic. This seems like an ultimate luxury product & that just makes me want to get my hands on it even more!
Clinique Stay Matte Oil Free Foundation £21.50 - About a year ago I was desperate to get my hands on the Clinique Workout Make up (now discontinued), but it wasn't available in the UK. This appears to have the same ideas behind it, but with new technology. The idea is to stay in place no matter how hot, humid & sweaty you get...for anyone who's ran around London's Tube system in the height of summer during rush hour, you'll realise why this currently appeals to me!
Givenchy Rouge Interdit Satin in No.56 Delicate Rose £21 - I'm always drawn to the Givenchy Counter, the packaging is some of the most beautiful & interesting around. This rose toned lipstick gives a subtle 'just bitten' look to the lips & is my pick from their Été à Fleur de Peau Summer 2012 collection.
Dior Addict Ultra Gloss in Little Red Dress £21 - I know it's not the season for red lips, but I've been in search of the perfect red gloss for so long & I've finally found one that truly fits the bill, in this! This super pigmented cherry red gloss is packed with superfine shimmer, & just screams 'Fabulous Darling'.
Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Colour in Pink Peony £18 - This gorgeous medium toned pink was released back in February as part of Bobbi Brown's Spring 2012 Rose Gold collection, but I swatched it for the first time yesterday & immediately fell in love with the matte appearance & enchanting colour. I don't own any lipsticks quite like this one & I'd be surprised if I last more than a week or two without picking this beauty up, the feel on the back of my hand was incomparable...I can't stop thinking about it.

Have you tried any of these? What are your thoughts? Are you lusting after any make up products at the moment?
Miss Sarah x

8 comments:

  1. Wow you have expensive taste! :P
    I really fancy getting my hands on the OPI Spiderman collection minis. I keep going and staring at them for a bit in JR Taylors and then deciding not to spend the money lol.
    The Chanel bronzer looks gorgeous!

    Jess
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not too keen on the grey, but love the other colours in that collection!! From what I've seen of swatched, on the nails, 'Just Spotted the Lizard' seems pretty much identical to Topshop's Hidden Treasure , worth checking out.
      I know, it's beautiful, I spent 10 minutes staring at & swatching it in Debenhams yesterday...I doubt I'll get it though...just wishful thinking. If some insanely rich person comes along & decides they want to buy me a gift over the next couple of months, I'll point them in the direction of a Chanel counter, haha.

      Delete
  2. I wear the estee lauder max coverage foundation! I've used the normal double wear for years and heard about max coverage from blogs and gave it a go and I now literally swear by it! Personally I like heavy coverage so its perfect for me, you just need to be sure to really work it in so it doesn't go cakey.... I would def recommend it!!

    Lovely blog by the way, now following :)
    http://elle-barry.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely going to pick up a sample next time I'm near a counter!!

      Miss Sarah x

      Delete
  3. love those nail polishes! xx

    http://www.theprovocativecouture.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. the Dior Vernis in St Tropez looks like such a unique summery colour, beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMAZING WISH LIST! I want almost all of those products as well!

    Stop by and check out my blog giveaway!
    http://dawndugong.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey there you have awesome wishlist.I would love to try bobby brown lip colour..actually all of those products.
    http://alchiyonjen.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete